Oh my I don't have much time... my computer is going to be restarting. Although I have several items to write about I'll be uber quick while I try to beat the restart.
First I've been selling my breast milk here and there. I've also donated milk along the way to some mommies who have needed it. Supporting breastfeeding mommies is important to me. There are so many benefits for it. However, I didn't realize how much work it is especially for mommies who are working, struggling with supply, etc.. My breastfeeding experience has not been a secret I've wrote about it before. At the beginning it was a disaster. But now things are GREAT. We have so much milk that I've had to slow production because I have no where to put it. I feel so bad when there is a mommy juggling the breastfeeding war. It definitely can be a fight. One thing I have noticed about new mommies including myself was I would always check the amount. I was really paranoid whether I would have enough when she got 6 months due to my struggle the first five and half weeks. Of course now I don't have that problem and I am able to help others out. But a couple days ago I found this amazing little article that help put things into perspective about tracking the ounces. However, should you find yourself with a low milk supply check out this page for some possible causes and solutions.
KellyMOM.com has also been a wonderful source of information. There are many great articles and tips offered on the site. But one article I wish I would have seen sooner was this one because when I first came home I tried doing a lot of things. Those tips would have been great and in the end I found out some of them on my own.
...Ugh So I didn't beat the timer before my computer restarted. Luckily, it did save what I had. The only problem is that I got distracted waiting for it to restart. I ended up getting ready to celebrate our anniversary (which is on Sunday!). We went to Des Moines to see the Phantom of the Opera. It was fun but made for a late night. Poor Matt had to get up early to be at a golf tournament for Medforce. Oh well more about all that later.
Let's see... my rant about breastfeeding is over. Haha. I'm sure some of you are glad because not all of my friends share my same view points.
Second topic for today is cloth diapering. I LOVE saving money by cloth diapering. Our cloth diapers (we use Sunbaby) seem to be doing well. I usually just wash them without an extended period of soaking. But before we left, for Des Moines, I soaked them, did a cycle with no detergent and then washed them with detergent. I recently joined this facebook group that talks solely about cloth diapering. A lot of them spend a lot more time then I do washing their diapers. But we really have not had a problem. The women on there have said that it is good to do a stripping once in awhile in case there is build up. So I did the above it to see if there would be a difference... make them seem more fresh I guess. I even decided to dry the inserts because I can't find where I read not to and everyone else seems to. This will make it that much better because sometimes waiting for them to dry would make them seem kind of musty.
I'm sure there were a few other rants I wanted to write about. But now I don't remember the rest of them.
Oh well. So yesterday was our anniversary celebration. We went to Des Moines waited for over 40 minutes for the waitress to come take our order. Matt and I must be pretty patient because we waited so long hoping she would come that we didn't even get to order. We ended up leaving without anything because we needed to get over to the theater. Matt said he enjoyed it but liked Wicked better. Although it was fun we were EXCITED to be back with our little princess.
As for today, Juliana and I went to a safety expo at the park. Not that she could do anything but it was fun to get out. Matt is gone as I mentioned earlier. And we are anxiously waiting for him to come back home. It is much better when we are all together.
The house needs some detail cleaning done and I am sure that it won't all get done because I would rather enjoy my time with Juliana. And now that she is napping I wanted to update. It seems like it has been so long.
Juliana is 8 months today! She is so fun. We LOVE chasing her around even though it wears us out. She is cute. I'll have to post a picture later after she wakes up.
Which reminds me... I LOVE that Joanne can watch Juliana. I'm super picky when it comes to watching my daughter. I have just a few people who are on the approved list. There can be no swearing or rude talking including music, they must interact with her...not just plop in a chair with some toys, there should be soft voices used and not fighting or hollering at one another, etc... Something ever mother would want for her child. But Joanne does a really GREAT job with Juliana especially since she has Sadie to watch too. Joanne even sends me cute little pictures or videos once in a while.
Check out the below video and picture she sent me.
Well I can't get the picture to upload from my phone. So I guess I will try another time.
Saturday, September 20, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment