Someone asked on facebook what are everyone's must haves for babies. After I messaged her some of mine I got to thinking I've randomly showcased some of the items that have been beneficial to me but I don't have a complete list. So I decided to write a post with some of my favorite items as well as some of the items I've liked but haven't used as much as I thought.
Items We Love/Still Use
1. Swaddle wraps (Although every kid is different Juliana has loved to be swaddled).
2. Shirts with mitts
3. Bassinet (Used in bedroom. Nice to have right by the bed).
4. Angelsound Heart Monitor
5. Boppy
6. Swing (Another item that will vary between kids).
7. Cloth Diapers
8. 3-n-1 evenflo activity center
9. Breast pump (Will depend. Everyone is different and every experience is different.)
10. Dr. Brown's bottle warmer
11. Dr. Brown's wide mouth bottles (We have about 7.)
12. Baby Trend Carseat/Jogging Stroller Combo (Love how lightweight the stroller is.)
13. Changing Table w/hutch (It is getting harder to put her on the table and change her though. But love it still.)
14. Diaper Bag (The one we found was awesome. One side has a spot for bottles. It has an insulated material to help keep it cool. The other side has a wipe container that you can open without having to get in the bag. LOVE it.)
15. Burp Cloths (We got these plain white ones that have multiple purposes. They are really nice. But I also enjoy using some of the fun cute ones.)
16. Changing Pad and Cover
Great Items But Haven't Used As Much As Thought Or Just Not Lately
1. Moses basket (She doesn't use anymore. But we used this a lot when she was first home and during my maternity leave.)
2. 4moms Infant Tub (Loved how it tells temperature. Used few times when first born but easier to just take a bath with her. As she has bigger and more stable it works better for her.)
3. Gel Cooling Breast Pads (Amazing for pain during my breastfeeding issues. If you experience discomfort I highly recommend these.)
4. First Year's Lanolin Free Nipple Butter (Lanolin is supposed to be really good, which I did use at first. However, I switched when I read up on. The research I read says it is not as organic and natural as people think because pesticides are used on the wool.)
5. Crib (It's easier to have her next to me still for late night feedings.)
6. Bumbo (She likes to be on the go. Matt uses it more than I do.)
7. baby wrap carrier
8. Nursing cover (My sister-in-law as a really neat one. That allows you to see the baby if needed and what not.)
Along with the basic breast pads I used nipple wipes that were nice. I believe they were called First Years natural breast wipes. I've also tried this beaded thing you heat and put on to help with flow and prevent mastitis. But it became annoying to have to heat so I stopped using it.
I also found that having Medela pump wipes to clean your pump when you may be out and not near access to water was nice to have. But majority of time I'm near water.
Other than that be selective on what bath wash/shampoo use (I was selective about based on information that came out about johnson n johnson). My favorite diapers we used, until the cloth ones came in, were pampers or parent's choice. We use dreft he laundry soap, bottle/toy wash and pacifier wipes when we are on the go. Juliana really enjoys her soothie pacifier that is attached to an animal. It is the only one we really have had to use. I've made some of our own baby wipes for changing her. They can be made in a matter of no time but I need to alter the recipe a bit. I didn't get a wipe warmer and Juliana has been completely fine. In fact up until she decided she rather crawl away she has loved to get changed. Now she just rather be on the move.
Other than that I would have loved to have a Glider. Actually it would have been fun to have a rocker. But I hear that a rocker slides back during rocking so a glider is supposed to be more comfortable and not do that.
With that I think I've included everything. I would add cute pictures of our items in use or of what I have but Juliana wants to play. So if anyone would like to see exactly what I have or if there are any questions just ask. Have a great day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment