Subscribe:

Thursday, August 28, 2014

More Challenges

I was challenged to do the ALS ice bucket challenge hype that is about the world today. I'm thankful that someone thought of me but I will not be doing the challenge. There are several reasons as to why.

First, I'm an advocate for testing in a more humane way. Now I understand it is hard to research illnesses with out having some way of testing and for years that has been on animals. But I do not feel subjecting an innocent animal/creature to testing is the appropriate way.  If it is not humane for humans to be tested then why would it be okay for animals? I guess because we are the superior race... but I would laugh if an alien race came and researched us. It would serve us right for thinking we were the superior race. So instead of giving to the ALS I will be making a donation to a group that helps rescue lab animals.

Second, there are many individuals who do not have access to water. Using it in this manor only shows how much we take things for granted. Now some people would say but you using that water doesn't mean that somebody else is going without. No that is true...whether I use it or not other people would still be without. But instead of spending money on wasting water for this challenge I am going to put aside some money to help dig a well for those in other countries lacking water access. I'll also try to use less water over the course of the next month as a reminder to not take water for granted.

I did accept two other challenges as well. One was from an online friend. It was to donate time, money or supplies to an animal rescue of your choice. And another was from Stray Rescue founder Randy Grim to become the leader of the pack.

So there you have it I'll get off my soap box. And move onto something else.

No comments: