As many of you know I love to let people know about the reasons for protecting your pets whether that is spaying/neutering, getting their annual check-ups and shots, etc.. So on the news the other day I saw a couple of stories that sparked my interest.
The first was about Puppy Mills in the Tri-States (Hannibal, Lewistown and Edina). These three Missouri kennels were on the Humane Society's top 100 "Horrible Hundred" for having several unsanitary facilities. I can't imagine what they subject those poor furbabies too. I wish people were not so greedy. You can view the story at this link.
KHQA provided the next story and it was about the Quincy Humane Society who was helping the ASPCA by taking four sweet dogs who had been removed from a multi-state, federal dog fighting raid. I can't imagine the torment these dogs have to go through at the hand of man. Fight and win or die. They bare not only physical scars but emotional scars. It is sad what our race can do to innocent creatures.
Okay that is my rant about dogs today. On another note I'm 14 weeks today or four months, as of yesterday, thus beginning my second trimester. And the morning sickness still here. Yesterday I woke up and shortly after had to run to the trash can.
Other than that life is good! I've just been busy with work, school, networking dogs and volunteering. And of course I still get time to relax. Ty loves when I can just relax and lay with him.
Thursday, July 18, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment