Subscribe:

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

New Job

Woohoo! I'm counting down the days til I start my new job! I've been looking for something more in my career field. I was offered two jobs. In fact I had started pre-screening for one. However, I received another offer that I couldn't pass up. It offered full benefits, more hours and more pay. I can't wait. Super excited! And best of all it will help me gain more knowledge needed for my ultimate career goal as a dietitian. Yay!

The wedding is getting closer as well! About three months left! There is so much we still have to do... get invites together, decide on flowers, find a clergy (that really needs to be done soon!), get hotels, and the list goes on and on. The good news is I take my dress to the seamstress on Thursday. Yay...one thing off the list! Maybe this week we can put some of the invites together as well. We shall see if I get some time as I have two exams to take by Saturday and the condos are also busy this week. Therefore, it maybe a challenge to find time.

In other news, Matt gave me a scare this past weekend. He and I have been trying to get the downstairs power washed the last couple of weeks. He borrowed a power washer from a friend but it didn't work. So he decided he would rent one. However, they only had a gas one available. In an effort to get it done he decided to just get it so we could the basement all cleaned up. Anyways, make a long story short there he got carbon monoxide poisoning. As I was loading everything up to get everyone out of the house he collapsed in the front yard. He woke up to me on the phone with 911. Oh it was an interesting night. At least he is okay.

After everything calmed down the next day and we got the house aired out Matt and I decided we wanted to relax with a nice DQ ice cream cake. 


A couple of weeks ago we went golfing... well Matt and his brother golfed while Brittany, Maci and I rode around in the cart. He did really well that day.



Matt has also spent time repairing and upgrading his computer. The motherboard went bad in the other computer. He couldn't just switch out the motherboard because then the processor and whatever else would not be compatibility. So he kept what parts he could and replaced everything else.




As for me I've just been working, doing health screenings for my new place of employment, planning the wedding, and trying to stay caught up with my homework. On every Tuesday I have also been babysitting Maci so that Brittany can go to school. She is a lot of fun. 


Today I am going to spend most of the day catching up on laundry and homework. Then preparing for my exams. So I best go get started on my to do list.

No comments: