Today is a GREAT day to stay home because it's raining! I have many things to do today. The good news is majority of my to-do-list can be done while sitting on my couch. Yay! So I just may get caught up on everything.
I've not posted lately because life has been busy. It has been good though. Work has still been rather slow. However, I've found other things to keep me running. Last Saturday I worked and then went to my parents for a BBQ. It was a lot of fun. Before leaving Nauvoo Robert let us see his house. It will need some work but I'm sure it will look nice when he is done.
Then Matt dropped Ty and I off at his brother's house so that we could go play at the park with Brittany and Maci. Playing at the park was definitely good for Ty. He got so much exercised. I've never seen him so tired. I felt really bad for him because when we got in the house he just laid down on the kitchen floor.
Although I had to work for a little while Sunday was another fun day. After work Matt and I picked up outside and prepared for a BBQ, which was to take place on Monday. It was nice to have a chance to hang out with Matt even if it was just cleaning up outside.
Monday was a full day because I had to work and then I hurried home to get ready for the gathering. We had bago, kites, bubbles and frisbees for everyone to play with it. Ty got to come out to roam the yard. He did a wonderful job listening and not barking at everyone that would go by or that he saw. Teddy also got the chance to come out and join in the outdoor fun for awhile. Although he was ready to go in I think Teddy had a lot of fun time being outside with us. Overall I think everyone enjoyed themselves.
Later on that night three of Colista's kids came over and stayed the night. They were pretty good. The next day I had all of Colista's kids plus Maci. It made for a very interesting day.
Cullen and Eden didn't like the dogs. I had put Teddy in his carrier and Ty was in the bedroom with Matt sleeping. When I let Ty out of the bedroom he just walked around sniffing and trying to lick everyone. No big deal. The problem came when he would bark at someone walking by because that would scare them. Anyways as long as Ty didn't look at them or bark at people going by they were okay...they would even pet him as long as he was not looking at them. Of the two Eden was more interested in him then Cullen was.
Maci didn't know what to do with all the kids. Eden would go up to her and talk Maci would just look at her. Ty and Maci basically sat on my lap a good portion of the day because Maci wouldn't let me put her down and the dog well you know that situation.
At any rate I think they all had fun. They flew kites, played with bubbles, had a water balloon fight and I don't know what else. There was tons of other toys outside to play with. Here are some pictures I snapped early in the morning while Tristan, Cullen and Eden played. The other kids were still in bed.
All the playing must of wore Eden out because she ate her grilled cheese sandwich and a few bites of applesauce before she couldn't make it through the rest of her meal.
Then later in the afternoon grandma came to pick up the kids. As she was getting everyone loaded someone called her. So she answered her phone and next thing we knew Eden had shut the door on her arm. I thought with her bones she could have broken it. And she thought it might be broken too. I did not know what to do to help. Anyways, at this point I basically ran around in circles trying to help. Obviously I was not much help.
Wednesday was a much calmer day. But Thursday was another interesting day filled with kids. I got up early and went to grandma's house so that she could go to therapy and get her arm checked out. There I watched the kids until she got back. Once she got back I loaded up four of the kids and came to my house. They argued the whole time. So that was Thursday.
Yesterday, must have been the day for me to find dogs near or in the road. The first dog I saw near the road was on river road. I stopped to see if he was okay. Yep just sitting by a dead baby dear. So I checked the tag for any information. I was able to call the vet on the tag give them the number and they were going to call the client to let them know it's location. The next dog was here in Hamilton. It was just sitting in the middle of the road for like five minutes I drove around the block a couple of times it wouldn't move. Finally it went to a nearby yard. Hopefully that's its home. I didn't want to stop because I had Teddy. He probably would have scared the dog and plus I was running late for Teddy's vet appointment.
Well that pretty much sums up my week up. Like I said despite it being slow at work I kept myself pretty busy. I need a vacation now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment