Where to start?
First of all I am a little freaked out. I saw a huge spider this morning. Then I had to be the one to kill it. All I wanted to do was run the other way but Juliana couldn't be playing with a spider. So I managed to get some courage and kill it. But I can't bring myself to pick it up. Hopefully, Colista stops by soon... then maybe I can talk her into getting the thing picked up. For now Juliana will be in her swing.
Last Monday Juliana turned 9 months. Where is all the time going? I swear. Her highchair came in and she loves to sit in it. The girl is learning all kinds of new things. Yesterday, she was clapping up a storm with Matt. Today she is trying to put objects in other objects. So cute. And she continues to chat like there's no tomorrow. We just LOVE it. She is super talkative in the morning.
On Wednesday, she had her check up. She weighs 16# 11 oz. I actually thought she would weigh more by now because I know several individuals who's babies are bigger and they are about her same age or less. But all babies are different. Juliana also had a rough start and is breastfed, which all makes a difference. They also checked her height and she is 27" in length. A growing girl she is.
Isn't her smile the cutest?
This past Saturday I took the day off to enjoy the pumpkin walk in Nauvoo. We got up and arrived early that morning to help decorate/get things ready for her bon fire. I put enough spiderwebs up to last a lifetime. Halloween is my least favorite holiday. I'm so ready for Christmas!
But anyways, the one thing I look forward to is the bonfire and seeing the pumpkins. It was a lot different for us this year. For one we have Juliana. But secondly Nauvoo did things a little different. Usually they put all their auction pumpkins together. This year they were spread out. The parade was bigger than normal and I enjoyed seeing the various costumes... some are a bit too creepy for me.
We didn't look a every pumpkin like we normally do. Basically we deocrated my parents house...
...watched the parade
looked at a couple of the pumpkins (didn't even get pictures), talked to a few people and hung out with family. It was fun to see Juliana interact with Brooklynn. Although Juliana gets to play with Sadie she is not use to having a smaller person around. Poor Brooklynn was a bit frightened of Juliana.
There was suppose to be a flash mob. But it wasn't as large as I expected and it was a bit crazy because a lot of people knew it was gonna happen. Not really a flash mob if everyone knows. But they did a good job and it added something fun to the festivities.
Some of my favorite costumes of the night were Beetlejuice, the Wizard of Oz crew from the Nauvoo Fudge Factory as well as Wendy, Peter Pan and the Losts Boys (a family of five with three boys). I also thought Joanne looked super cute in her outfit. Matt enjoyed seeing a Silent Hill nurse.
One of my favorite things in the parade was this cute little girl who was dressed as witch on a broom.
All in all it was a GREAT night! I can't wait to do it again!
























































No comments:
Post a Comment