Subscribe:

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Weekend Ventures

Yesterday was a FUN filled day. After running to Burlington we went to the Appleberry Orchid and Harvestville Farms for the afternoon. While at the Appleberry Orchid the batteries in our camera died. Sad for us. So we made a quick trip into Ft. Madison to get some batteries before going onto the pumpkin patch.

The apple orchid was different. A lot smaller than the pumpkin patch. They have a small petting zoo, which I was not real impressed with. I felt so bad for the animals. A couple of the animals were kind of dirty and looked lonely. We did get Juliana a cute pumpkin.









At Harvestville Farms there was more to do but we only did a little bit of it. First we went to get some tickets for the horse ride, then we waited for a very long time to ride the horse drawn carriage. During our wait I was getting frustrated because Juliana was tired. She had been out all morning and needed a nap so I can't blame her. When she is tired she doesn't get real fussy but she gets antsy and is not as content as she normally is. So I couldn't keep her contained in my arms. I didn't want to be her down because I was trying to keep her warmer since it had gotten colder than we expected. Anyways we decided to get the baby carrier that wraps around me to try and keep peace while as well as warmth. That worked for a little bit. But I swear those wraps I can never figure them out. I'm still not sure whether it was on right or not. Pretty sure it wasn't. It didn't feel like the last time I had it on. Maybe I just need a wrap that is dummy prove or I need to use it more so I know exactly what to do. Anymore, it is rather comical when we go out.

Well anyways while in the frustration of everything one good thing happened we got asked if we would like to sit up with the driver. It was so nice and comfortable. We LOVED it.


Then we ran into Keila! It was nice to get to see her. She took a couple pictures for us.



Here is the pic from last year. Big difference. Huh? Well not the image I had in mind... I thought I took one by the truck. This year my hands carried our precious Juliana instead of pumpkins.



On our way back we stopped in Nauvoo to get the pictures Colista had taken for us. Below are just a few of them that we got. Check them out. Aren't the cute?



 









1 comment:

Joanne said...

Adorable pictures! They look great!