Subscribe:

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Catching Up Once Again

Work has slowed down for me. I'm not sure if that is a good thing as I enjoy working because it keeps me busy. Plus we could use the extra income. Anyways, since work has slowed down, at least for the next couple of weeks, I thought I would take the time to update the blog.

Last week was my first week of classes for the semester. I'm really excited for this semester as we get to learn more nutrition care and assessing a patient. I think it should be very fun and hopefully I can retain the information.

Another highlight of the last couple of weeks has been going to the many bridal fairs around. Who know it could be so complicated and expensive to have a wedding? It's crazy I knew it wouldn't be easy and cheap... But my goodness.

Matt and I looked at some reception locations on Saturday. There was only one we really liked, and a couple that would seat what we need. The one we really liked is booked on every Saturday until November 17 and its 2,500. I'm not sure what it includes because they were going to send the information to us. But at that price maybe its a good thing they are booked. Guess we will keep looking.

Other than work, schoolwork and planning the wedding I've gotten into sponsoring and networking shelter animals that otherwise would be euthanized. It's amazing to see so many people network to help save these precious animals.

I've sponsored several. You can sponsor whatever amount. I make sure that they are reputable non-profit organizations and that I can receive updates on them whether it by pictures of facebook or through email. Sponsoring allows the animal to get vetted (any medical care, neutered or spayed and transport to a rescue/foster).

Networking doesn't require money. It only involves a few clicks to share the animals story so that others who are more capable of helping have the necessary information. Many dogs have been saved overnight through networking.

It may not mean anything to some people but for one creature it means the world. Like in the case of Stanley. ...




Since getting involved I've learned many things such as the pain and abuse many dogs suffer such as bait dogs, the importance of neutering/spaying your pet, the ugly truth about research labs and rendering plants. Not only that but I've learned how irresponsible pet owners can be. It breaks my heart.

Well enough for today. ...I'll save some rambling for other days.

No comments: