Subscribe:

Saturday, February 11, 2012

People and Things

Once again people amaze me.

This poor girl dragged herself to a business plant. Her muzzle had been taped with electrical tape, her paw was only attached by a piece of skin, another paw was broken and she had head injuries. Upon examination they also found she had rocks and dirt in her stomach. They believe someone dragged her behind a car and left her to die. I can't even fathom what this poor girl must have suffered. She has been named Valentine and is receiving medical care.


Bruno, was cold and couldn't move when rescuers arrived to try and save him. They feel that just a few hours more and this sweet dog would have not been so lucky. He is being treated and will be ready for adoption soon.


The owners excuse... I couldn't afford to feed him. This is no excuse. If you get a pet you must ensure to take care of him/her. They love you, look up to and rely on you!

As a species we can not run around getting other species to subject them to such torture. When considering getting a pet please be responsible. Think about future worse case scenarios such as what if finances changed. And don't just get a puppy because it's cute. There will be days it will pee on the floor, tear everything up and not be so cute.

Okay now that I am done with that rant. Yesterday, we talked to the videographer via skype. He was pretty nice... well he should be with the cost of having him do the video...lol. Included in our package is 2 cinematographers for eight hours. That sounds like such a long time. But they will film the bridal party getting ready, ceremony and some stuff afterwards. He said he will be using a glider and it can get intense. To ensure quality of sound he will be bringing approximately five mics along as well. He warned us to watch what we say because everything will be heard. Such as in one case where he overheard a groom talking about what he was going to do on his wedding night. LOL. So I think the warning is mainly for the guys.

Other than that I've still been working on wedding reception ideas and prices. However, I should be doing homework. It's hard to do it when everything else is running through my mind. Yesterday, I did manage to watch about 3 lectures, do some reading and a few assignments. Today I've watched 1 lecture... I have 3 more to be totally caught up on lectures. Then I've got a couple assignments to finish by tonight. Hopefully, I can get it all done before new season of The Walking Dead starts. I can't wait! ...and normally I don't go for shows like that. But this one is good!

By the way yesterday was my brother's birthday... Happy Birthday! Hope it was a good one!

No comments: