Subscribe:

Friday, April 9, 2010

Day 5

Today, the concrete guys got the majority of inner wall forms up to *hopefully* pour the concrete on Monday. But today wasn't that easy for Matt and I. Matt received an early phone call from the concrete contractor asking if any windows needed to be installed in the basement. Matt told him that the Hamilton codes didn't mention anything about it and the building inspector never said it was required. Matt had to make a phone call to the building inspector and to his surprise, Hamilton adopted the 2006 International Building Codes that require at least one egress window in a sealed basement!


So, Matt spent the entire morning making phone calls trying to find out the requirements for this window while I looked through the Hamilton building codes and online for information. We were acting like lunatics looking for answers!! Matt finally found the information and let the concrete contractor know what they were and we think everything is squared away.









Ty keeps us busy when we are not spending our time on the house. Sorry I couldn't figure out how to rotate the picture.

No comments: