Subscribe:

Saturday, February 14, 2015

Somebody is ONE!

Juliana is ONE! She is the cutest little person. Our princess LOVES to dance, wiggle and climbs everything! Juliana is an amazing girl. She is pretty patient with us and so loving. It is really hard to get a picture these days. She does not sit still for one moment. We thought she kept us on our toes before. Now we have to take on super powers to stay caught up with her. These are the best I could do for her monthly picture.

I put her up on the couch.

And she gets down.


We try again... cycle repeats itself for about fifteen minutes. She thinks its a game. Oh well... isn't she cute anyway?


I was scheduled to work on her birthday and since it worked out better for us we had her party on Monday, January 19th. We had it at the Klein Center and was baby Einstein themed. Thank goodness my co-workers helped me finish getting everything up. And Joanne made her cake and smash cake. It turned out great.







At her one year check up she weighed 17# 15 oz and about 29 1/2" long. During her exam she got her one year shots. I always hate that. After her shots I like to take her to the chiropractor. All was good until the next day when she had a runny nose. I figured it was just the shots and didn't worry so much. After picking her up from Joanne's and getting home she threw up several times. It looked rather strange so I just monitored her throughout the night. She didn't get sick the rest of the night so I took her to Joanne's and told her to call if she needed me to come back. I hurried home from work to get her. She had a pretty good day except Joanne said that she was a little congested when she would up from her evening nap. As the night grew later it seemed she couldn't get any rest. I had tried to give her medicine to help with her symptoms. But it didn't help at about 2:30 in morning I couldn't decide what to do. I felt we should go to my parents and maybe my mom could help, at least I might get an hour of sleep. Long story short after trying some things and nothing helping I decided we couldn't what she had been making noises with every breath.

We got to my mom's around five and Juliana was in respiratory distress. Thank goodness my mom helped us and we rushed to the emergency room. My mom came with and stayed until my dad could pick her up. It was nice to have her there. Juliana's O2 stats were low. They took blood, did various tests and chest x-ray. They also put her on oxygen, gave her an IV and breathing treatments. She was admitted for about five days. It was crazy. One test came back positive for strep. The ER doctor thought she had pneumonia too. But the pediatrician thought it looked like she had bronchial asthma with the strep.



We tried to make the best of it. The first night we all slept on the couch (we co-sleep, so there was no way she was going to sleep in the crib they had and I was not about torture her anymore than she had already been). She was hooked up to every machine in the hospital, not really but it seemed liked it. Every four hours they came in for breathing treatments. It was terrible sleep for all of us. The next day the staff brought in a toddler bed that I was able to get in with her.



Anyways I'm glad that is over with and she is on the road to recovery. The doctor wants her to do breathing treatments for two months. I'm hesitant because I don't want her to be on medicine for an extended period of time. But for now we are following the orders. She still seems to be congested a little. I catch her wheezing sometimes or coughing more than normal.


No comments: