Subscribe:

Monday, December 22, 2014

Three Days!

Things have been crazy and I spend more time doing mommy things then getting to blog. ... And that is okay by MEEE!. I LOVE get to be a mommy. Some days are more crazier than and others. I have to remember that I won't get everything done like I'd like. In the end there is NOTHING I would change.

On Nov 29 and 30th Juliana had a runny nose. She has been teething so we just figured that is what it was but on Monday night she had a little cough. On the following Tuesday morning I got ready to load her into her carseat and noticed something was not right about her her breathing. I knew she had had a hard time sleeping during the night because of it but this was more than just not being able to breath. She was taking short breaths and her tummy was retracting. I called around to get some other suggestions on what to try because I did not feel comfortable leaving to go to work without getting her squared away. Well nothing worked, I ended up staying home and by time Matt got home she had not ate for 12 hours, vomited what little she had in her, was pale and weak on top of her breathing. So we went to the ER in Burlington. They got respiratory in right away as they could notice she was in distress. The poor girl also had blood work done, breathing treatments and a chest x-ray. Her saturation levels were low and her temperature was elevated. It made us so sad. Anyways they monitored her for a bit then told us that they were debating on whether to admit her or not. They said they like to look at the parents and decided we could take her home with instructions for breathing treatments.

Now in the chaos of everyday life December has come and is almost gone. Christmas is in just three days! We have been trying to begin some great family traditions. We have a elf, which I mentioned before. She watches over Juliana and tells Santa if she is good or bad. Twelve days before Christmas she brings fun things or activities for us to do. Often times we forget to check on her at least she doesn't need water like plants that I've almost killed this December. I've also been trying to read Juliana Christmas books but she doesn't always want to sit still to listen or would rather rip them. ...that is not happening. We've watched several different Christmas movies. It is so much fun. Oh and we also did a fun holiday day...baking cookies and looking at Christmas lights.

Well that is about it. Ty and Teddy well they are great. Ty runs around doing what he likes best.... licking and barking. It about drives us nuts. We try not to get after him so much but it does get really tiring especially when he barks at nothing and we just get the baby down. I could about scream and sometimes I do. Teddy he is a quiet loving dog who doesn't get in trouble much. He is just happy being here. 

Sometime I'll have to try to post some photos and/or videos. But for today this will have to be good.

No comments: