Subscribe:

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

The Quiet and Imperfect Times

It is beautiful here! I LOVE having our windows open and hearing the birds chirp! Quiet and serene. Some of the best things in life are right here! 

Slowing down and enjoying what nature has to offer is something that I often times forget to do. As a mommy who also works it is hard to just enjoy my days off. Whether it is house work or random activities there's always this or that to do.

I jam pack my off days. Sometimes I feel like I am running around like a crazy person just checking off the next task instead of enjoying the beauty of what is at hand. I don't want to miss out on the little things and I want to be here for my daughter. Not just be here but I want to be more present in her life and life in general. I want to enjoy it. 

 
So I'm learning to let go of some things, like the pile of laundry that needs put away or the bed that needs made and the toys that need picked up. I'm trying to just enjoy things. And while today was not perfect it was good enough.  Just that the peacefulness of Spring and quietly hanging out with Juliana. Some things in life you don't even have to go anywhere for. Memories are made right here each day with my lovely princess. 


No comments: