This past week has went by super fast; I wish I had more time to relax and take it in, but I knew with all that was going on it would. Anyways, it was everything I wanted it to be (except for the driving) and that is what counts.
We were going to take a bus. However, not as many people who said they were going to go ended up going. As a result, we took four vehicles: a RV, a full size van, Escalade and our car. Kendall drove the RV. I felt so bad because he didn't have anyone that could switch him driving. He had to drive the whole way. They stopped several times for him to try and rest, so he got in much later at the Tamarack.
My dad and mom drove the van. They also stopped once to rest. The Escalade was driven by Dick and Lance. Matt's dad also helped drive our car. I swear he didn't sleep the whole trip there. He looked so tired.
Kenny, our photographer who rode with us, drove our car as well. He was a great help. We would have most likely been lost without him. Literally he helped navigate us among other things.
Anyways, we got off to a late start on Tuesday night. Within a few hours everyone was getting tired. Dick, on the other hand, was wide awake so he wanted to keep going. Therefore, the decision was made that those in the rv and van would stay behind to sleep at a rest stop while those in the Escalade and car would continue.
We arrived at the Tamarack Wednesday afternoon. It was beautiful, both the scenery and resort! Love it. Only downfall was that I had to hide Ty in the resort. He did amazing though! So it was all good.
The next day was a little more crazy dealing with Ty and trying to check out but it all worked out. Plus nobody listened to me when I said we needed to get on the road. On our way we were going to pick up my friend, Brandy, but just as we got ready to turn on the exit to get her from the airport we got a text saying she was going to be late. We decided to go on and come back but when we got to the hotel we decided traveling back would be more crazy. Therefore, we had a taxi pick her up. While we were waiting for her Matt and I went to get our marriage license. Kenny went with us and took some pictures, which I'm sure will be awesome.
The rest of our party had went to Palmyra, NY, and got in much later than we did. While we were waiting for them we just walked around, took pictures of the area and ate at Planet Hollywood with Kenny and Brandy. It was fun to do a little relaxing.
Once the rest of the party got there it was a little more stressful in that there was so much that needed to be done. Plus the Bishop had not showed up yet and at 11:30 we thought he wasn't coming so we spread everyone out a little. But shortly after that he showed up and my mom had to do some rearranging. I felt horrible for that. Brandy also helped me get a lot of stuff done and contact all of those needing contacted.
The next morning my mom managed to get everything done (dry clean dress, flowers, shoes for bridesmaids, etc)... thank goodness. Kenny and PGP crew showed up to do their work. So the day was going rather smooth and all was working out except for the fact that I didn't have a makeup artist, but I was lucky enough to have Makayla there to do makeup for me.
As everyone was heading to the wedding location, no one could find Matt nor would anyone answer their phones so we didn't know if Matt had the marriage license or locket. Once we got there we realized that he didn't have the stuff we needed because he had not taken the car.... that put a damper on things. Lance and Robert ran back to get the stuff and we were only about a half hour late starting...LOL. Everything turned out though and I think it was really nice, especially for not having a rehearsal. I would have liked the decorations to be put up a little sooner too. But overall I thought it was really nice, thanks to the hard work my parents put into it. I'm excited to see the video and photos of everything.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment