Subscribe:

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

What A Nightmare!

On Saturday Dick, Matt and I went to Quincy to pick up our dryer and water heater. Matt's dad drove his truck separately. Both appliances were ready for pick up at Sears. When we got to Sear's they told us that the water heater was not the right one. So they were going to order another. However, because it wouldn't be in on time for the plumber to put it and they didn't have one equivalent to what we were looking for we decided to go look else where. We found a water heater similar to what we were looking for at Menard's. With the dryer in the truck and the water heater in the car we headed back. When we got to Lima we noticed a storm was brewing. We hoped to make it back to Warsaw without it raining on the dryer, but that didn't happen.

I got thinking with all the rain that we better go check the basement. When we got there we found that the basement window had not been locked and with the pressure had opened itself letting water and mud everywhere. After spending most the night there cleaning it up we locked the window and decided to finish the rest on Sunday.

So Sunday came, I went to work and then went to the house to finish up. Matt and Dick were going to meet me there. However, before coming to meet me they went to get some supplies to help the cleaning process. While I was waiting a storm came again. As I was watching the storm I heard a waterfall coming from the basement. Now I LOVE waterfalls but not in my basement!!!!! Anyways, I went to check it and I found something terrible happening in the basement! Water was filling the window well (it had nowhere to drain... they didn't install it right and was not draining properly...ugh), with so much pressure it was pushing water in from around the window. And then I saw the glass bow and heard it break. I was in utter shock... I just couldn't believe it! Once again we had to clean the basement! We didn't have anything to temporary stop the water and mud from coming in so the same thing happened Monday. Back to Cleaning Again... It has not been fun!

Someone can pinch anytime to wake me up from this nightmare! LOL.

Oh and after working most of the day on Sunday and then cleaning up the basement for five or six hours I came back to find this...

Thanks Ty!

No comments: