Subscribe:

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Setting the House

Yesterday, the house was set to the foundation! The construction crew worked very hard Monday and Tuesday to get it set. Normally they would set it in a day. However, they ran into some problems on Monday. We are grateful for their hard work.

When I got there the crew had already took the protection wrap off and put the roof up. Shortly after I arrived they began to move the house onto the foundation.


















With the first section into place preparation began for the second portion of house to arrive by moving the trailer and getting the ruts filled in best they could.




Now to go get the second piece of the house. Woohoo!
While I waited for them to come back with the second section I took some pictures of the front section of the house.


Oops...Monday they made ruts in the neighbors yard.
Here they come with the next portion of the home. The next few pictures are of them bringing the home, pulling it onto the land and getting into position to move onto the foundation.










.

.






Getting the house onto the land and into position was a lot easier than the previous day. I'm glad for that.
There are lots of large tire tracks that now fill the yard.
While the crew went to lunch I took pictures of the basement with the first section on it.





After lunch break they began preparing for the home to be rolled onto the foundation by jacking it up, bracing the home, taking the protection wrap off and lifting the roof.










Insulation Goes Up




Rail System for the Second Section



Now to roll the house onto the foundation and bring both sections together.







Getting closer.... here they are preparing to lower the second section.
The crew then began to take the equipment apart and finish up.





Then Matt met up with me to go out to dinner with my family. When we returned from dinner look who we found helping the crew to clean up... Matt's dad... lol.


The crew finally pulled out at about 8:00 p.m.. They had been there since about 8:30 a.m. or so.

No comments: